Background

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

HOLY HELL we have a basement! ( framed walls and cement floors, OH MY!)

I have to say, I'm pretty excited about this, I grew up in a ranch with a "mini" basement. What's a mini-basement you ask? Well, see when I was a kid, I felt like the crawl space was a perfect size for me until I was about 10! I loved it, it had a secret entry (a carpet trap door in my parents' closet) and I always could find mini-spotted dinosaurs (salamanders) down there.

So in our home our basement floors have been poured and the basement framing has begun!

The WALK-OUT basement...

The walls of the basement (blankets are covering the cement to keep it toasty, warm and dry!)

How cute is my niece? Really? Thanks to Stephanie & Ryan for taking the pictures while we were out of town on business with our camera!

Dave went out to the site today and guess what he saw?? MORE WALLS!!???!? Yippee!
(I apologize for the quality of picture, but he took the camera out & it was dead, so he used his Blackberry Camera)

These are the walls of the master bedroom & bathroom..that long window is a beautiful transom window that I would like to be stained glass, the foreman almost fell over laughing when I told him that..I guess that means it would be expensive?

I'm still taking donations...

1 comment: