Background

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spatula, oh spatula, where out thou?

AAARRGGGGHH, I just wanted the last bit of my yummy "lobstah" salad for lunch and this was the only spatula I could find! REALLY?


Yes that's right, a crummy little, bent up, melted, dollar store spatula...Ridiculous, I stomped up to the "gift room" to find one, afterall, I recieved every single kitchen utility tool that was ever invented...but all I found was this:
You got it lots and lots of bubble wrap AND this:

even MORE boxes...

So since it is Spring (well at least it feels like here in the Midwest today), I am going to think happy thoughts!

Our builder tells us, framing should be complete in two weeks. Crap, I guess that means we should stop procrastinating the brick & stone choice.

Anywho, back to happy thoughts, we have our appliances narrowed down to two brands for each appliance. The sneaky Eletrolux rep at the monstrosity of an appliance store we shopped at this weekend, convinced us we need Electrolux! They are oh sooo shiny and sleek!

Refrigerator, now this is a big one, one brand is significantly more than the other:

1)GE

2) Lux

Bar Fridge:
1) GE

2) Lux
Oh yay, that is a blue LED on the INSIDE of the fridge to illuminate my brewskis

Double convection oven
1)GE

2) Lux

Did you notice the pretty blue inside?

36" cooktop
1) LUX

2) GE

Dishwasher
1) KitchenAid (which is rated by consumer reports to be the QUIETEST) and is nice and big inside, we eliminated the Bosch because the inside is TEENY TINY

2) Lux which is rated at 45dB

Lastly Microwave..remember our microwave will be UNDER the island, do we get this cool drawer:


Or do I go with the "el cheapo" microwave since it will be under the island?

Hmmm...decisions decisions? I have mulled over forums, consumer reports, you name it, I just don't know what to do, this really shouldn't be such a monumental decision! (oh yeah, I never found a spatula, so I had to use my fingers)

**by no means is the blogger promoting or endorsed by the above mentioned brands, looking strictly for opinions or donations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment