Background

Monday, July 25, 2011

Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring

Me: "Hello?"
"Miss this is 1987 calling"
Me: "Yes?"
"We want our vanity back"


Alright it isn't that bad, but it is definitely the worst decision we have made to date...ugh. Anyone need a Pewter Vein 49" wide x 22" deep vanity top pre-drilled for a 4-inch faucet?

Thanks God for the Big Box stores, I was able to quickly run out and get this beauty, which also resulted in me having to exchange our 4 inch faucet for an 8 inch wide spread. FUN!


To match the beautiful tile work (sorry for the crooked pictures, apparently pregnancy has thrown off my balance).


Anyway we are so incredibly close to closing I can taste it, I'm not going to give you a date because I believe that is like saying, "Look honey, no traffic in the loop!" As you are driving into Chicago, only to come to a DEAD stop for approximately one hour.

My amazing wood floors are in, as well as, my beautiful cabinets in the kitchen. I told my husband that I will hug and kiss my floors daily. The floors are hand-scraped Asian walnut, check out the kitchen with the cabinets and floors.





Look how lonely my cooktop is, waiting patiently to be installed (counter tops are going in this week).


I am also in love with my fireplace tile choice (again a crooked picture..so sorry).


Here is the finished product with the mantel painted, again simply gorgeous.


And finally ladies and gents, my master bath, tub.


I promise there will be another post soon. The painters were in all week last week doing CUSTOM colors, we stopped by yesterday and I am so far very happy with my choices! They had even stained the front door.

Now if only we could get that pesky siding on...which will likely delay closing until December, thanks to the many significant hail storms we have had in this area, every siding person in the world is booked.

No comments:

Post a Comment