Background

Saturday, January 8, 2011

10 Ten Reasons I can't wait for our house to be built!

10. Get our crap out of storage-it has become a running joke in the house, every time Dave or I say we need something, I reply, "I have it, but it's in STORAGE" I guess it isn't a joke, but it is our sad reality, I have not seen some of my belongings in almost 16 months. Dave is even worse off as when he moved from Philly he thought he would only need a couple of things, so he literally has been rotating between 2 pairs of shorts for working out, one of which we bought :)


9. My new washer and dryer! We bought a steam LG Washer & Dryer during the ridiculous Holiday Appliance Sales.

8. A Garage! Currently in the house we are renting, the garage is used for our builders office. In Chi-town I had a heated garage, I forgot how much of a pain in the ass it is to have to scrape windows off every damn morning.

This will match our front door nicely, I'm sure it won't be an upgrade!

7. Not having to live in a house that may have a showing at any minute. In the last 16 months I have been living in month-to-month rentals that are up for sale. Realtors always want to do showings when the house is the messiest. I'm pretty sure I'm bad luck, because the places I have lived in still have not sold, except my condo which sold in 34 days, thanks ANNA!


6. We can finally put our STYLE into OUR home. I think our living room will look something like this:


5. Save SOME GAS-My husband drives from Valpo to Crown Point at least 15-20 times a week. Is his office there you ask? Well NO, he works from home! He drives there to see his family, have lunch, dinner, take dry cleaning, go grocery shopping, pick up his mail (yes his address is technically still his parents), workout, and socialize, to name a few. (I'm in so much trouble for this post!)

4) 2 televisions-I love watching sports LIVE, can handle watching ESPN and other sports, but 12 hours a day..not so much. Also, Dave loves his PS3...
Where is your other TV you ask? I give you one guess...

3) Murano Glass-We bought a beautiful piece of artwork in Italy and I can't wait to place it somewhere in our new HOME!



2) Permanent Address: I have changed my address on my airline & hotel reward programs, my credit cards, my license, my insurance, my iTunes account, bank accounts, and my magazines more in the last 16 months than I ever have in my life! Add a name change to that = BIGGEST PIA EVER!
AGAIN!

1) Wedding Presents-we received many, many, many beautiful gifts for our wedding in August and guess what? You got it, they are all in storage! I can't wait to have matching silverware, plates, china, crystal, new pots & pans. I am still using the
same housewares I was GIVEN (as hand-me-downs mind you)for my first apartment in 1998.

I'm pretty sure I will have a dish breaking party with all my "borrowed" bar pint glasses, dishes, and anything else I can find..


Then I can start entertaining again as well! Look for some type of invite once our house is completed! I can' t wait to throw our first shindig!!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha , i liked the living room ;)
    send me those dishes, i need something for Deach for mothers day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you have the matching chair to that adorable living room couch!

    ReplyDelete